We value your privacy
At Global Job Solutions (GJS), we care about your privacy. How we handle your personal information is governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles under that Act. We want you to understand what this means for you, including the rights that you have over your personal information.
- you’re one of our clients;
- you use any of our products and services (including our apps); or
- you visit our website at Globaljs.com or any of our affiliated websites (our Sites) or any of our social media channels (our Channels).
By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing that information in accordance with, and for the purposes specified in, this Policy.
In this Policy, the terms we, us, our and GJS refer to Global Job Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 42104 658 871)
What is personal information?
Personal information means information that identifies you, or could reasonably identify you as an individual. This includes facts and opinions, whether they’re true or not.
What personal information does GJS collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you may include:
- your name, postal and street address, email address and telephone number;
- your gender, age, profession, role and place of work;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries;
- your payment information, such as your credit card or direct debit information and ABN;
- details of the products and services we’ve provided to you, or that you’ve enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information that you enter or upload into GJS products or services (or that another person, such as your employer or accountant, enters or uploads into our products or services);
- information that you post to our Sites or Channels;
- when you access our products, services, Sites or Channels – your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, clicks and interactions, traffic to and from our products, services and Sites, and IP address; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Does GJS collect sensitive information?
In Australia, some personal information is considered ‘sensitive information’. This includes information about sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and memberships of professional or trade associations. This type of personal information is generally afforded a higher level of protection under the Privacy Act.
We will only collect sensitive information about you if you have provided the information to us yourself, or if you otherwise consent to us collecting it.
What happens if GJS is unable to collect your personal information?
You don’t have to give us your personal information. However, if you don’t, it may affect our ability to do business with you. For example:
- we may be unable to provide our products or services to you;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect; or
- if you’re an applicant or candidate for employment, we may not be able to process your application for a position at GJS
How does GJS collect your personal information?
We use different methods to collect your personal information. We collect most personal information directly from you, when you:
- order or register for a product or service;
- use our products or services (including, for example, by activating and using a company file or otherwise entering or uploading information into a product or service);
- use our Sites or Channels;
- interact with our client support and sales teams;
- complete a form, such as registering for our competitions, training, events and newsletters;
- interact with our authorised partners and certified consultant programs;
- complete our surveys or product testimonials; or
- apply for a job with us.
We may also collect personal information about you:
- from our third party joint initiative partners;
- that is publicly available, such as from social media;
- through tools that measure and track how you use a product or service or our Site; and
- from third parties that provide us with marketing leads.
Why does GJS collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information (including information entered or uploaded by you, or on your behalf, into our products or services) for the purpose of:
- verifying your identity, including in accordance with our obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Rules Instrument 2007 (No. 1);
- providing you with the products and services you’ve asked for;
- helping us operate, protect, improve and develop our business (including our products and services) and our users’ experience, for example, by performing analytics and conducting research;
- obtaining information about your commercial credit worthiness (e.g. credit score checks);
- helping us customise and improve your experience;
- assisting your authorised third parties (e.g. your accountant or bookkeeper);
- providing technical and other service support, administrative messages, reminders, technical notes, updates and information to you and your authorised third parties;
- keeping you informed about our products and services and those of our relevant business and joint initiative partners, and tailoring this inf